August 26, 2013

Our New Arrival: Thomas Christopher Soran IV

Our lives were forever changed on August 7, 2013 at 8:34 a.m. when our beautiful baby boy was born.  We found out a couple weeks prior to delivery that Baby Soran was breech.  He had been head down, but ended up flipping right side up & decided to make his new home directly in my ribs on the right side, which meant many sleepless nights & a lot of constant pain.  

After going over our options, we chose to schedule a c-section at 39 weeks.  We spent the night before in a whirlwind of emotions.  All of a sudden all this anticipation we'd built up for 9 months turned into downright fear knowing we would be parents in less than 12 hours.

I barely slept that night, and ended up waking around 4:00 to get ready before we went into the hospital.  We marched into the child birth center at 5:50.  Not long later they had us back in the delivery room prepping for the surgery.  

The surgery took about 30 minutes.  Our doctors & staff were AMAZING & made the whole experience memorable.  One of my favorites parts was when the doctor asked me which Pandora station I wanted to listen to.  I was taken by surprise, but very thankful for the distraction.  I chose Classic Rock & that set the mood for the whole room.  Everyone was in a great mood, we spent most the time talking and laughing about the most random topics.  I hadn't even realized we were as far into the procedure as we were until the doc said, "Alright, if you don't want him to be born to this song, say so & we'll change it."  The song playing was Another One Bites the Dust, thinking that wasn't the most appropriate song choice, I asked him to hit next.  The next song was Welcome to the Jungle by Guns & Roses, which I thought was perfect!  At 8:34 a.m. Thomas was born!  He came out butt first, all 8 lbs 6 oz of adorableness!  

(Here I am before all the surgery prep began.)

(Tom & me all dressed up for the operating room.  It was go-time at this point!)

(The first picture of Thomas, right after he was pulled out!)

(My first picture with my son!)

No comments: