March 18, 2013

2013...the year of changes!

Tom & I purchased our first house in the summer of 2010.  As we're getting ready to expand our little family, we realized it's time to upgrade.  After some searching, we found the perfect house that's only 5 minutes away from our current one!  Now our goal is to sell our first home and get moved into the new one before the summer is over.  We're keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for a reasonable offer soon!  


Curious as to why we are wanting to be in the new house before the end of summer?  You can probably put 2-and-2 together.  

dun dun dun....

We're P-R-E-G-N-A-N-T!

(*Finally!!!!*)

Exactly 2-1/2 years from beginning the baby journey, we finally got the double pink line!  

If you've been following my blog, you'll remember my last pregnancy post about being tired, fed up, and exhausted from the whole process.  Our ovulation test was negative, and I didn't even bother seeing my doctor that week because I couldn't handle another let down.  We have decided to take a break from the Clomid for awhile to give my body and mind some much needed rest.  Then, not even two weeks later, I got up one morning to get ready for work and looked at myself in the mirror right before jumping in the shower.  I noticed that first tell tell sign...my boobs looked a little bigger.  I knew there was no way I was pregnant, but decided there was no harm in taking a test.  I had a drawer full of them anyway, so what's wrong with wasting one for curiosity sake, right?  I took the test and then started prepping for my shower, not really thinking anything of it, about 5 minutes later I went back to it, almost forgetting it was there, and noticed a dark pink line and a faint pink line.  I'd done enough searching online to know that a line, whether it's faint or dark, is a line.  As my doctor put it, "You can't be just kind of pregnant!"  After I spent a few minutes going through a myriad of emotions, I decided to wake Tom up and give him the exciting news.  Tom is not a morning person, so he was a little out of it when I held up the stick.  Groggily he looked at me and said, "You're ovulating?"  I laughed and said, "Nope, try again!", and he immediately perked up with just as much excitement as I had.  

Throughout the day, I took a few more tests, just to make sure my eyes hadn't deceived me.  
Sure enough, they were consistent.  I was (am) definitely pregnant.  


I'm now in week 18, which is quite possibly my favorite week so far.  Weeks 4 thru 14 were a nightmare of puking, sleeping, and constant hormone changes.  Around week 15 the nausea went away for the most part and I got a little bit of energy back.  Week 16 I felt the first 'flutter' while listening to LA Woman by the Doors, so the babe obviously takes after it's mothers good sense of music.  Week 18 I've been able to feel the baby a lot more, especially in the morning!  My new favorite thing is to lay in bed and try coaxing it to move for me.  I'm not sure if the coaxing works, or if it's just luck, but either way it's the most amazing feeling ever.  I already know I'll miss it when the baby is out.  

Girl or Boy?  

Welp, we don't know yet, but we'll find out very soon!  Friday is our big ultrasound.  I call it the big one because my doctor has been doing ultrasounds for us every 3 weeks since week 4, so we're getting used to seeing the little guy...or girl.  The 'big' one is the more detailed ultrasound that will go through all the checkpoints to make sure everything is ok so far.  We'll also find out the sex then too.  I've had a feeling it's a boy for awhile, but Tom thinks it's a girl, so we'll see in a few days!  

Baby Soran estimated arrival- August 17, 2013!

1 comment:

Purcellville said...

I am sooooooo excited for you guys! You will be a WONDERFUL mother to that sweet baby! Congrats you two!!!